History and Mission
The Center for the Administration of Justice was established in 1984 as a unit of the College of Health and Urban Affairs (CHUA) at Florida International University to engage in research, training and public education about the administration of justice in Florida and Latin America. With offices in Miami and overseas, CAJ has become a unique international resource at the forefront of justice sector reform in this hemisphere.
CAJ works to:
- Reform justice systems to reduce impunity
- Promote access to justice for women and disadvantaged populations
- Support modernization of court administration
- Provide technical assistance and training to combat corruption
- Strengthen media-justice relations
- Support alternative dispute resolution mechanisms
- Build an understanding of the justice system’s impact on minorities and marginalized groups.